Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer is Here Again

And just like that, another school year is over in a flash.

First day 2011/2012 school year:


Last Day 2011/2012 school year:

No more bangs, a lot more hair, and new glasses for Miss Thang. 

Jayden completed 3rd grade and Ryan completed 2nd grade.  I really can't believe how fast this year went by.  They both did well academically and seem to be right on grade level as far as reading and math.  Jayden absolutely loved her teacher this year.  He is very science oriented and so is she.  They dissected squids during the last week of school, and she was in absolute heaven.

We started to see the wonderful world of little girl bullies this year in third grade.  Don't even get me started on how angry this makes me.  Jayden has two personalities.  She has her very shy, well-behaved school persona, and then she has her sassy, I'm-gonna-knock-you-out persona.  Of course she's too passive and afraid to show the bullies her mean side.  It's bound to happen though...and I can't wait for that day to come.

June 19th was their last day, and I have to admit that I am really looking forward to the lazy days of summer. 
So far, we've spent their first week of vacation melting in a heat wave.

Only time will tell what summer shenanigans we'll get ourselves into...

No comments:

Post a Comment