Saturday, March 12, 2011

Making some changes...or at least trying to.

Up until this very morning, I have been doing myself and my children a disservice.

I have had the mentality that things will get done faster and better if I just do it myself.

Naturally I created lazy mess-making monsters.  And I've had it.  They're not two years old anymore.  They are capable of doing a lot more than I give them credit for, and this morning their lives changed.

I am certainly not the neatest person walking the face of the earth, but I'm going to try to do better with that in an effort to not raise slobs.

It's easier said than done, but I'm sticking to my guns at least for now.

They are spending their entire Saturday in their room cleaning.  Every time they fight, they get punished.  And when the time-out is over, it's back to cleaning.

I'm channeling my inner Miss Hannigan from this day forth.

After all, it's much easier to live in a clean and organized environment than a pigsty.  Trust me, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment