Friday, March 11, 2011

Earthquakes suck.

It's finally Friday, the day I was so looking forward to...

And then I had a rough morning with the kids.  Jayden went to school wearing a shirt covered in toothpaste because she wasn't paying attention to what she was doing while she was brushing her teeth and, sadly, it was the only clean shirt she had.  I was angry with her for making a mess...and I was angry with myself for being so behind on laundry.

When I got home from dropping them off, I went on the computer to check my e-mail and Facebook and discovered what had happened in Japan and was immediately overtaken with sadness.

All those poor people...I can't even begin to imagine the chaos.  It's very scary.

I told the kids about the earthquake and tsunami when they got home.  Jayden's first words were: "Did people die?  Did kids die?"

And of course I told her the truth.  I don't like to scare them, but you can't really sugar coat catastrophes.

Today turned into a weird, glued-to-CNN kind of a day.

Natural disasters are so not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment