Friday, December 10, 2010

He'll take the Nike's, please...

This morning as I was helping Ryan put his shoes on, he said to me, "Mama, I don't like these shoes.  I want some Nike's that come up to here."  He indicated that he wants high-tops, not the tennis-shoe-style he had on.

Up until this point, a particular brand of shoes or clothing has not been an important issue for either of my kids.  I could shop at the Salvation Army for all they care...

I looked at him and said, "Why, Bubba?  Did somebody say something about your shoes?"

He said no, so I took his word for it.  He didn't look upset about it or anything.

I think he must have been admiring a fellow classmate's footwear or maybe even his own daddy's.  In any case, he wants a pair of Nike's.

Ugh.

I have loved the fact that I could shop for them without them being there.  They didn't care if they had a say in what they wore or not.

Shopping with them is the pits...

We've reached another milestone.  I suppose it was inevitable.

I guess I'll be seeing you at Foot Locker and not Payless.

Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment