Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Advent Calender

We have never done an Advent calender before.  I'd always wanted to...but never got around to buying one or making one.

My sister's future mother-in-law is a preschool teacher and was putting together kits.  I told her I wanted one...so she gave me two.  Thank you!

Tonight me and the kids assembled ours.  For this countdown, we are using Hershey Kisses.

There is a poem attached to a ribbon that says:  "December 1st till Christmas is the longest time of the year.  Seems as though Old Santa never will appear.  How many days till Christmas?  It's mighty hard to count.  So this little ribbon will tell you the amount.  Remove a kiss every night when the sandman casts a spell, and Christmas Eve will be here by the time you reach the bell."

We got busy with some Glue Dots...





Can you tell he's dying to eat one?






He's eating one with the wrapper on still.  He makes me scratch my head sometimes.

Hanging in the kitchen with Santa close by...

So we'll see how it goes.  The bells are making one of my cats ballistic.  She keeps staring at it with her head tilted sideways.  I'm expecting to come home and finding them torn to shreds.

Happy December 1st!

1 comment:

  1. This is your sister's future mother-in-law. It's my first time reading your blog and was surprised to see I made it on to it!. It seems as if the kids had a good time making their little projects! I enjoyed looking at the pictures and hope the cats haven't gotten to the candy! Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete