Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stop Scratching!!!

Today is a downright nasty day.  It's raining cats and dogs.


First thing this morning, I discovered the bleach had been knocked over onto a pile of dirty laundry with the top slightly loose.  Consequently,  my brand new black yoga pants and several other things are now destroyed.

I was supposed to be spending my day getting things done around the house.  I am off from work today, and the kids should be at school, followed by two hours at their after-school program.


Instead, I ended up in the pediatrician's office because both kids are covered in poison ivy.  They've been itchy since Saturday really.  I thought the little red bumps on Ryan's legs were mosquito bites or something.  Then it started spreading...and I started freaking out, thinking we had bed bugs or fleas or some other random scary parasite.

While I was happy to hear the doctor confirm that what we're dealing with is poison ivy, she also told me that the oil can remain active on objects, and therefore be spread, for up to a year.  Unfortunately that is what is happening.  It is indeed spreading like wild fire.  On the bright side, I don't seem to be allergic to it.

So now they are taking Prednisone and Benadryl and covered in chalky Calamine lotion, and I am left with the awesome responsibility of scrubbing anything they've touched...which is just about everything in the house.

I did have a giggle in the car on the way to the doctor's office though.

Jayden:  "Did you know that the sun will eventually explode?"

Me:  "Yes.  All stars eventually die.  The sun is a star."

Ryan:  "Yay!!!  I'm a star?"

Me:  "I was talking about the sun, Dude."

Jayden:  "Ryan, don't you know what a homophone is?  We're talking about the s-u-n, not s-o-n."

Smarty pants.

Never a dull moment....

No comments:

Post a Comment