Sunday, May 22, 2011

NOT good times...


I already shared our poison ivy woes from earlier in the week.  That sucked.

The cherry on top of that sundae, though, was Ryan stepping on a rusty nail Thursday night.

Long story short, Ryan was walking in the yard barefoot and stepped on nail with his right foot.  He's up to date on his tetanus vaccine and everything, but he ended up getting really sick at 4 a.m. on Friday morning.

I was freaking out, thinking he had blood poisoning or something, but it turns out he probably was either having a bad reaction to the Prednisone prescribed for his poison ivy or had a stomach bug on top of everything else.

He was a miserable, moaning, puking mess.  It was a damn good thing that  I remembered to grab a bowl and paper towels before we went to the pediatrician's office, otherwise my car would have been covered in vomit.

His pediatrician gave me a prescription to fill for antibiotics if his foot started to look infected.  Thankfully, it has not...and I haven't needed to pick up the coveted pink medicine yet.

His dirty feet...and his injury.

He's much better today.

Yes, he dressed himself.  Plaid shorts, striped shirt...

As a matter of fact, he and Jayden are getting on my nerves as we speak.  I've had to tell them "get away from me" several times today already, which is a good sign that things are back to normal.

I'll tell ya, though, he really had me freaking out on Friday morning.

Oh, and by the way, as I was pulling the nail out of his foot, I was screaming at him that he should have had shoes on...but did you know it's actually better to step on a nail barefoot than with shoes on?  I learn something new every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment