Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fun times

At approximately 7:30 this evening, I was sitting on the couch with my computer on my lap (as usual); Ryan was sitting to my left, playing a game on my iPhone; and Jayden, who had been playing in another room, walked into the living room.

She was searching for something.

I don't remember what she was looking for at this point, but whatever it was, she thought it might be between the couch cushions where Ryan was sitting.  Naturally, she asked him to move for a second so that she could look.

Do you think he could be nice and just do what she nicely asked him to do?

Nope.  (Surprise, surprise.)

So I told him to get up immediately and let her look.  His response to that was to throw the fit of the century.

Since I wasn't pleased with his behavior at that moment, I told him to give me my phone back.  Did he listen?

Of course not.

Instead, he decided to scream like a banshee.

So you know how I handled it?

I did my best Exorcist impression and screamed at him in a voice that I'm shocked came out of my body:  "GET ON YOUR BED NOW!  YOU WILL NOT ACT LIKE THAT!  GOODNIGHT!"

My throat was immediately inflamed.

I'm totally not exaggerating.

And then he cried himself to sleep...

I'll tell you one thing.  It's a damn good thing the downstairs neighbors just moved out because I'm sure they would have been tempted to call the cops, or a priest, to deal with what I'm sure sounded like a demonic force up here.

How can the most well behaved child in the first grade come home and act like such a little jerk?  Seriously...

No comments:

Post a Comment