Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine Schmalentine

As you can deduce from my title, Valentine's Day doesn't excite me.

Aside from the crafty stuff to do with the kids and the sparkly heart decorations, I'm not a fan.

I think you should be romantic and do special things for your significant other all year long....not just on the day that Hallmark says so.


My husband came home from the mall yesterday and said, "I wanted to get you a Valentine, but everything was too cheesy or too expensive...and you're right in between."

Why, thank you, Mr. Romantic.  I actually had a really good laugh at that.

I usually do homemade Valentines with the kids for school because I love stickers and doilies and glitter...but I was too lazy to even do that this year.  Store-bought Spongebob and iCarly cards with lollipops sufficed.

By the time it was 8 p.m. last night, my kids were absolutely going bananas.  Apparently the most popular Valentine on the market is the Fun Dip one. 

A couple packets of Fun Dip + lollipops + cupcakes = children sugar shocked out of their minds.

And since I didn't take a single picture yesterday (shame on me), here are a few from last Friday night's Valentine's Day dance at the kids' school.





Toodle-oo!

No comments:

Post a Comment