Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year...

I'm sitting here this early afternoon, eating some oatmeal, thinking about cleaning off my desk...



Another year is over in a flash.  How can it be 2011?  It blows my mind.  I graduated from high school 11 years ago.  It seems like it was just yesterday...

And now I have an 8-year-old and soon-to-be 7-year-old.  Just plain craziness.

This weekend I had to finish up some continuing education requirements for my license renewal.  I've had three years to do it...but I, of course, left it until the last three days of the year.  I always say every January 1st that I won't procrastinate anymore, but let's be serious...it's who I am.

I accomplished a very huge thing over the weekend.  Ladies and Gentlemen, you can now see the floor of my children's bedroom.


I was too embarrassed to take a "before" shot.  Trust me...it could have been in an episode of Hoarders.

In true "Jessica" fashion, my Christmas tree is still up.  I have so much purging and organizing to do in the next couple days so that I can put all this stuff away.



Random:  The Pictureka app on the iPhone is addicting.  The kids and I are having a blast with it.


I never stick to my new year's resolution, but I always make one (or a few.)  This year I'm going to do my best to follow through.  We shall see...

1.  I am going to use my YMCA membership on a very regular basis because I'm fat.

2.  I am going to be better about sticking to my word.

Oh, and I solemnly swear that once I get this little problem under control...it will NEVER look like this again.


I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!  Ours was awesome.  Santa did not disappoint.  Even I got something I've been wishing for...a vacuum cleaner. 

Seriously, the things that we want for Christmas as we get older are depressing.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment