Sunday, November 21, 2010

You never know...

You know, I think that I have both my kids figured out pretty good.

But sometimes you never know how they will react to something, either in a good way or a bad way.

Take yesterday morning, for example.  I went to Rite Aid to buy laundry detergent and decided to find something entertaining, yet cheap, to keep them occupied for a while.

After walking around for a bit, I decided on a book of word searches for each of them.  They are both at an age where they are reading, so I knew they would be able to do them.  And at two bucks apiece, you can't get more cost effective than that.

When I got home, they were both really excited about it.  Surprise number one.  I knew they would be happy to have something to do, but I didn't know how psyched they would be about word searches.  They basically jumped for joy when I handed them their prize.

Now comes that bad part.

Jayden pointed out to me that the answers were in the back, so I told them to give me the book and proceeded to rip the answer pages out because I figured they'd just cheat.

Ryan lost his everloving mind.  Surprise number two.

When I say lost his mind, he screamed and cried and threw the mother of all tantrums...and it went on for a good hour.

If I had known he was going to react that way, I would never have done it. 

I paid dearly for my mistake...with a headache.

Geez, he's becoming a moody little bugger lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment