Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Suckish aspects of life

What's been going on around here?

Welp...

I found out I was pregnant on April 18.  Yay!

I started bleeding heavily on April 25.  Crap!

Ultrasound confirms it's ectopic May 1.  F*&%!

It wasn't even in my tube, like most ectopic pregnancies are.  It was on my right ovary.

Seriously.

Nothing is ever easy it seems.

Since I was only 6 weeks pregnant and my hormone levels were very low, they gave me a shot of methotrexate.  That stops cellular growth, and then hopefully your body just reabsorbs everything.  I was really hoping for no surgery, and so far I've been lucky with that.

Today I got word that my hormone levels are indeed dropping.  I still feel sort of off, I guess...a little dizzy, tired, just not great.  I also have a cold, which is not helping.

I can't even explain how much I felt like a ticking time bomb.  I was just waiting for something to rupture and for me to faint and bleed out.  It has been quite an awful experience. 

But, fortunately, life does go on...

My very appropriate fortune on the day I got the shot

No comments:

Post a Comment