Saturday, March 10, 2012

Stranger Saves the Day

 Today a complete stranger did something really nice for my kids.  She actually made me think to myself, "Wow. There are actually people in this world that aren't assholes."

The kids were outside playing basketball, and their ball rolled into the street and started heading down the ginormous hill we live on.  They knew they weren't allowed to chase after it, so they stood at the end of the driveway screaming for me. 

By the time I got to the front door, it was rolling down the hill full speed towards an incredibly busy main road.  I had no shoes on, so I figured either the basketball was a goner or I was going to have to get in my car and find it.  I wasn't about to chase the thing barefoot.

The kids were really upset, so I went to find my shoes and my car keys and was about to go on a mission.  Just as I was backing out of the driveway, a woman pulled into the driveway next door and walked towards me with the ball.  I had actually seen her car a few minutes before as she was driving up the hill and had to swerve to miss the ball.  Apparently she turned her car around and went on the mission for me. 

I was shocked.  Honestly, it's been my experience lately that people are rude and impatient and downright mean.  I couldn't believe that somebody took the time out of their day to turn their car around, follow the ball, and return it home.

Time to pay it forward...

p.s. I'm really, really going to try to make a blog comeback.

1 comment:

  1. I saw her swerve around it and then turn around in my driveway. Didn't know that's what she was doing but Aiden yelled that someone brought it back. That's awesome! I don't know that anyone had a ball go down the hill before today. Was very happy that they knew enough not to chase it!

    ReplyDelete