Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday Morning Musings

* Since I think a blog post is naked without pictures, this one will be filled with random ones.

I woke up yesterday morning with a twitch in my right eye, and I still have it 24 hours later.  It makes me feel spazzy.

Flying high on the swing.  She tattooed her face over Easter break, in case you're curious what that black thing is.
  

I'm up before the kids on a Saturday morning, which is practically unheard of.  When I don't have to wake up for a particular reason on the weekend, I like to lay in bed and snooze until my body is ready to get up.  On Saturday mornings, I'm known to stay in bed until 11...even noon.  It's kind of nice to be getting things done before the daily fighting begins.



Speaking of fights, I really hope that they knock it off one day soon.  They argue over every little stupid thing...yet they are lost without one another.  It occurred to Ryan the other day that in a few years Jayden will move to a different school without him and he cried...like big sad tears.  Apparently just having her in the same building is important to him.  Who knew...


She tried to be slick and take a sip of his slushy, but he caught her red handed.
 
Jayden has a dance recital on Sunday.  She's been taking lessons since January, but just last night I was scouring nearby towns trying to find her the jazz shoes she's supposed to have.  It took me a little more effort than I expected, but I finally found them...thank heavens.


I just subscribed to a free one-month trial at audible.com.  I've been listening to The Hunger Games on my iPhone nonstop since.  It's a great way to pass the time while I'm driving or cleaning around the house.  And since I don't have a lot of free time to read for pleasure, it enables me to listen to books that I've been dying to get my hands on.

How is it that he eats like a 30-year-old man but you can see his rib cage like he's emaciated?

For the first time ever really, I am staying ahead of my workload.  I'm starting to find a balance, which is easing a lot of stress.  I'm pretty sure it's because the kids are older and aren't so dependent upon me for every little thing.  Trust me when I tell you that it is damn near impossible to work at home with two babies.  I've come a long way.



The kids have a little over one month of school left.  Since they had a bazillion snow days, their last day isn't until June 27th.  I'm really looking forward to summer laziness...



I regret to inform you that my laundry room floor is piled high with laundry again.  It really is my nemesis...a task that I abhor with all my heart and soul.


  

It officially costs over $60 to fill my car with gas.  What the hell, man?  Are the prices ever going to go back down?  When I got my license in 1999, gas was about $1 a gallon.  It's gone up almost 400 percent in a little over 10 years.  Yikes!




Jayden has just stumbled out here asking for breakfast, so I'm off to throw some french toast sticks into the toaster oven.  Mmmmm....

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment