Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Birthday Boy


As of 3:44 p.m. this afternoon, my little man is 7 years old.  I feel like it was just yesterday that he was walking around with his pluggy (pacifier) in his mouth and saying things like, "Mama, I yuv you."


Now he grows out of pants at the rate of one size up every six months.  He wakes up in the middle of the night with growing pains constantly.  He tells me, "My bones are growing."  I have a feeling I'll be looking up at him before I know it.



Bubba (as he's been known practically since birth) has quite the mix of a personality.  He is an emotional, shy, dare-devil, ants-in-his-pants kind of guy. 

He is one of the most well-behaved children in his class, and he is always a star student in first grade.  He loves to climb trees and ride his bike.  One of his favorite pastimes is playing with his Nintendo DS or sneaking off somewhere to play with my iPhone.  He's not really a fan of reading at this point.  I'm working on it.  :)


 I love that he tells me he's never getting married and he's going to live with me forever.  I know better.  Have you seen this kid's face?




Today we celebrated with Angry Birds cupcakes for his classroom.  As you can see, the baking project was a success!  Big thanks to The Crafting Chicks for the inspiration!


We're heading to one of his favorite places for dinner:  Chuck E. Cheese!

Happy Birthday, my Bubba Schmubba!

I love you a million times a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment