Friday, November 26, 2010

I need some bigger pants,please.

Yesterday's meal did not disappoint.

I cannot cook, not one bit, so my mother makes the bomb Thanksgiving dinner.


Turkey, stuffing, broccoli casserole, candied yams, mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, corn, cranberry sauce.  Heaven on a plate.

For dessert, we tried something new.


That is a mince meat pie.  I always thought mince meat pie contained meat, like beef, so I was sort of puzzled.

Okay, so we had turkey for dinner and now we're going to have beef for dessert?  That doesn't seem appetizing.

Some forms of mince meat pie, as it turns out, actually do contain beef, but this one didn't.  It was more of an apple/raisin pie.  It was tasty.  I'm glad I tried it.


Even Grumpy smiles on Thanksgiving.

********************************************************************************

The Christmas season has officially begun.  I need a new tree, so I'm going to brave the Black Friday crowds and try to find a good deal on one today.

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment