Saturday, March 22, 2014

Again, not winning...

When it comes to work, I am always 15 minutes early.  Every time.  I need to set up my equipment, and I hate doing it while people stare at me.

When it comes to doctor, dentist, etc. appointments, I am always on time.

When it comes to getting the kids to school on time, I'm pretty good.  There are occasional tardies, but it is what it is.  Right?

Yeah.

So Jayden got a note home yesterday that she is scheduled for a detention on Tuesday because she's been tardy 8 times since the beginning of the school year.

She was freaking out.

When we got home, I cried.  Seriously, I cried.  It made me feel like the worst mother in the entire world.  It's not her fault she's late.  It's my fault.

I'm hormonal, so I'm sure that's why it affected me like that.  But I wrote an e-mail to the principal right away and asked her to reconsider.

A child should never be punished for something their parents did.  You do the crime, you do the time.  Your parents do the crime?  Not your fault.

She wrote back.  She excused the detention.  Thank goodness.

The thought of her stuck in detention because I'm a loser is like a knife in my heart.



This whole mom thing is way harder than I thought.

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment